A Joomla! Template for the Rest of Us
|Tests and Functional Medicine Services|
Available Tests and Functional Medicine Services
Among the many laboratory tests Dr. Adiel Tel-Oren offers, here are some of the most popular functional tests.
If you are interested in any of these tests and/or their costs, please contact Dr. T's clinic at: 612-870-2974 or e-mail:
. A brief phone/Skype consultation (15-30 minutes) with Dr. T can be scheduled to determine which tests are most effective for you at this time.
2. M2PK - a simple, highly accurate, inexpensive stool test for early detection of specifically colon cancer and rectal cancer, which renders the uncomfortable, potentially risky, and toxic (sedatives) colonoscopy screenings almost completely obsolete!
3. Organic Acid Testing (OAT) - this comprehensive urine test is very useful with children (and adults) who suffer from learning and developmental disorders (e.g. ADD, ADHD, Autism) and metabolic disorders (e.g. chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia). It reveals genetic and metabolic tendencies, gut imbalance and infection, toxicity, nutritional deficiencies, and much more.
4. Heavy Metal Tests in Urine with Provocation, stool (especially in babies and small children), Red Blood Cells (when the patient's mineral status is desired), and/or Hair specimens - identifying exposure (usually from dental amalgam, contaminated seafood, or occupational activity) and tissue storage of mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, and other toxic metals that are associated with chronic or acute disease (especially neurological, immunological, and metabolic syndromes, such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, ALS, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, chemical sensitivities, allergies, and various auto-immune disease).
5. Functional Genomic Tests - a variety of genetic panels designed to reveal frequently-occurring genetic tendencies towards common illnesses, which can be prevented with individually tailored nutritional and environmental intervention based on the test findings. This can potentially enhance health and extend life significantly, since genetic factors are crucial to longevity yet they are often ignored. Currently, four such panels are available: Detoxigenomics, which reveals weaknesses in metabolism of various environmental, nutritional, and artificial (drugs) toxins as well as internally produced toxins such as neurotransmitters & hormones; Cardiogenomics, which exposes genetic tendencies towards lipid abnormalities, hypertension, atherosclerosis, homocysteine elevation (a major factor in the development of heart disease, related to genetic inability to convert folic acid into its active form), and others; Immuneogenomics, which shows tendencies towards inflammation, auto-immune disease, infections, and immune imbalance; and Osteogenomics, which displays genetic factors increasing osteoporosis risk. Other Genomic tests are available!
7. The ALCAT Diagnostic System for immune reactions/sensitivities to foods, molds, chemicals, etc. - scientific studies implicate food and environmental sensitivities as important factors in a large variety of chronic, degenerative, and developmental disorders. This blood test is not limited to antibody-mediated reactions; it reveals hidden and delayed reactions involving a broad spectrum of immune responses, leading to inflammation, joint & abdomen pain, mood and cognitive disorders, H2O retention, & weight gain.
8. Dental Materials Reactivity - this blood test evaluates immune compatibility with over 4000 oral restoration materials prior to dental treatment. Some dental materials, even if not known as strong toxins, may cause significant damage to sensitive individuals. For more information click here.
|Last Updated on Friday, 25 January 2013 17:56|