Although attempts to lose weight are common in the U.S., the prevalence of obesity has increased dramatically since the 1980's. Because of this, we believe you'll find the following body composition protocols very valuable
In supporting your patients' efforts to get control of their health. We've done this in steps to better match up to your patients needs and ability to follow through.
Basic Weight Management Protocol:
- UltraMeal (H323) - 1 serving twice daily along with low calorie (1,000 or 1,400 caloric options), high nutrition menus from the UltraMeal patient guide. UltraMeal is a medical food designed to target fat loss and to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with altered body composition.
- Crave-Curb (R100) - 2-4 capsules on an empty stomach twice daily. Contains nutritional neurotransmitter precursors that beneficially satisfy the reward cascade of the brain thus reducing carbohydrate/calorie cravings.
Intermediate Weight Management Protocol:
Basic Protocol plus:
- 7Keto DHEA - 1 capsule twice daily. 7Keto DHEA is a metabolite of DHEA that has been shown to significantly increase the resting metabolic rate even during calorie restriction. This form of DHEA does not increase other hormone levels (estrogen, testosterone, etc.) and is a
non-stimulating thermogenic aid. Research has shown a 3 times greater weight loss than diet and exercise alone, with the majority of it coming from fat.
- Tonalin CLA - 2 caps 3 times daily with meals. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is safe, well tolerated and leads to long-term reduction of body fat mass. A recent study showed that the
CLA group (not placebo) lost 6-8% of their body fat mass, while increasing their lean body mass
(muscle mass). CLA is particulary effective in reducing abdominal fat stores.
- L-Carnitine 500 - 1-2 capsules twice daily. Cornitine is essential in the breakdown of fats into energy, and results in significant improvement in exercise tolerance.
Full Weight Management Protocol:
Basic and Intermediate Protocol plus:
- TRx - 2 capsules twice daily on an empty stomach. Contains 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine(T2)
which is a derivative of T3 that has been shown to have a greater impact on increasing
resting metabolism than the thyroid hormone T3. It also has a much lower inhibitory effect on
TSH(Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) than T3, thus reducing a negative feedback impact on
long-term thyroid function. The effective use for fat loss, while not suppressing thyroid hormone levels, is to take the 2 capsules twice daily for not more than 10-12 weeks, then discontinue for the same amount of time before going back on it.
- EnergyX - 1-2 capsules taken preferably 30-45 minutes before workouts. This is a thermogenic companion to TRx and a bio-stimulator that improves energy balance in the body. This is accomplished by enhancing oxygen utilization and nutrient saturation of blood and tissue, boosting the metabolism.
Additional Personalized Considerations: Chronic Inflammation
Patient also has an inflammatory condition (e.g. arthritis, inflammatory bowel,inflammatory skin, etc.) or has an elevated C-Reactive Protein (CRP) which is a general indicator of inflammation.
- EPA-DHA 6:1 - 2 capsules 2-3 times daily with meals. EPA-DHA helps lessen chronic high levels of pro- inflammatory insulin that results in insulin resistance and storage of fat. It also activates PPARS in cells which increases the burning of body fat (increases thermogenesis), increases insulin sensitivity, while decreasing levels of inflammation.
Indicated by the Raglan Postural blood pressure test: systolic blood pressure doesn't raise, or drops when going
from a lying to standing position.
- Adreset - 1 capsule 2-3 times daily. This herbal adaptogenic formula is designed to enhance stamina and energy, as well as support a healthy, balanced response to stress. Chronic stress produces chronically
high levels of cortisol (one of the fight or flight hormones) which can cause continued hunger and deposition of abdominal fat. Visceral fat (abdominal fat and fat surrounding our organs) is the "toxic" fat that increases risk for heart disease and diabetes.
- Phosphatidyl Serine (PS) - Take between 200-400 mg daily, either 1/4 teaspoon twice daily of the powder form, or 1-2 capsules twice daily of our capsule form of Phosphatidyl Serine. PS will naturally blunt excessive production of cortisol that leads to inhibition of the T4 to T3 conversion that slows the metabolism. This blunting effect of excess cortisol may provide some insight into the effect of PS on depression, as hyper cortisolism is a common finding in depression.
Indicated by Axillary Temperature Test
- T-100 or Thyrodex - 1-2 tablets 3 times daily on an empty stomach. Both formulas are complete nutritional supports to thyroid function. When thyroid levels are too low, body processes start slowing down. The body produces less heat and energy, and organs like the brain and bowels move more slowly. People also notice that they feel colder, tire easily, get drier skin, and become more forgetful and depressed.
Developing an Athletic Build
- KreAlkalyn - 2 capsules before and 2 capsules after workout. Also take on days not working out.
The first and only creatine that doesn't convert to creatinine in liquids before reaching muscle. Creatine is
involved in muscle energy production increasing both strength and recovery.
- Tribestan (men or women) - 1 tablet per 44 pounds of body-weight per day.
All the research on tribulus has been done on the Bulgarian product Tribestan. It contains the 30-40%
steroidal saponins needed for feedback to the pituitary to increase sex hormone production. This is similar
to resetting a thermostat, resulting in a greater anabolic/repairative effect for building muscle and reducing body fat. It is also very effective in treating male and female sexual dysfunction.
- Pure L-Glutamine - 2 grams or more daily, preferably after workouts.
Glutamine is an important amino acid that helps to build and maintain muscle, boost the immune system, support gastrointestinal health, and sustain healthy growth hormone levels.
- D-136/IGF - 10-15 drops (under tongue) 3-4 times daily on an empty stomach.
This is a homeopathic growth hormone (HGH) and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) that, on an energenic basis, helps to strengthen cell signalling within the neuro-immuno-endocrine system. Patients who participated in a study using homeopathic HGH saw decreased fat, increased muscle, improved sleep, skin quality, and physical appearance. This is very good for anti-aging as it supports cell-to-cell communication and regulatory processes that decline as we age.