Most frequently affected tendons: shoulder capsule tendons, flexor carpi ulnaris, flexor digitorum, hip capsule
tendons, hamstrings, and Achilles.
Localized tenderness (may be severe); swelling over the area; pain on moving the tendon.
Zinc, vitamin E, calcium, vitamin C, essential fatty acids, bromelain, and cod liver oil
- HP 16 Traumatic Injury Remedy - 10-15 drops under the tongue 3 times daily on empty stomach.
A high quality, hand-made homeopathic formula designed to support recuperation after traumatic injury.
Restrict caffeine and menthols.
- EZ Flex - 1-2 tablets 3 times daily with food.
Nutritional support for tendon, nerve, and muscle function.
- Kaprex® - 1 softgel twice daily
- Non-responders by day 5 move to 3 softgels daily
- Time to benefit: Immediate to 10 days.
Kaprex is a clinically tested herbal dietary supplement that provides natural joint relief that is easy on the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. It works by interfering with signals in the body that initiate the production of damaging compounds that cause minor pain and negatively impact cartilage and other joint tissues.
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Increase foods rich in calcium, zinc, selenium, bioflavonoids, vitamins A and C
- Range of motion exercises for affected area to begin with
- Strengthening exercises for affected area after inflammation subsides
- Water exercises for specific affected area
- Paraffin bath of affected joint
- Ice bag
- Massage: deep friction massage perpendicular to tendon, follow with ice massage 10 minutes; repeat every 3-7 days (as tolerated) for 3-5 week, or until healed