Symptoms vary from headaches to choking sensations to low back pain to itching. When pain does occur in the stomach, a person often charges it off to some dietary indiscretion. The pain finally becomes so intense as to be clearly recognizable as an ulcer. Symptoms include: stomach pain just before and/or after meals; dependency
on antacids; chronic abdominal pain; butterfly stomach; difficulty belching; stomach pain when emotionally upset;
sudden, acute indigestion; relief of symptoms by drinking carbonated beverages, cream, or milk; history of ulcer
or gastritis; current ulcer; black stool when not taking iron supplements.
Licorice, vitamins A, E, C, folic acid, magnesium, raw stomach and raw duodenum tissue, L. acdiophilus, L. bifidus
Excessive stress; poor diet, food sensitivities; food allergies
- High Fiber Diet (FirstLine Therapy® Diet) - Studies indicate a high fiber diet benefits those with duodenal ulcers and non-peptic dyspepsia.
- Avoid snacking/irritating foods (i.e. spicy, hot foods), frequent milk ingestion (milk has only a transit neutralizing effect on gastric acidity followed by acid secretion), alcohol, coffee, strong tea, sugar (stimulates gastric acid secretion).
- Drink 8-12 8 oz. glasses of pure filtered water daily (not distilled).
Suggested Nutritional Supplementation
- Zinlori 75 - 2 tablets twice daily for two weeks, then 1 tablet twice daily for maintainence support.
An extensively researched zinc-carnosine supplement for gastric discomforts such as heartburn,
indigestion, ulcers and helicobacter pylori (H. Pylori).
NOTE: Zinlori 75 has been documented to potentiate standard antibiotic therapy for H. Pylori.
- Ulcinex - 1-2 tablets 20-30 minutes before each meal. For quick relief of heartburn - 2 tablets as needed.
Standardized herbal support for healthy stomach function.
- Endefen - 2 tbsp. mixed in 2-4 oz. of juice or water 1-2 times daily. Multi-dimensional support for GI health.
- UltraFlora Plus DF - 1 tsp. mixed with warm water twice daily for two bottles. Dairy-free advanced probiotic nutrition with fructooligosaccharides.