Tropical Ocean Retreat in Sri Lanka & Sustainable, Socially Responsible Himalayan Adventure in Nepal
March 16-April 4, 2010
Join Dr. T and Friends for a magnificent 2-week Nepali extravaganza, which follows a relaxing 7-day Tropical Retreat on a pristine Indian Ocean beach in Sri Lanka.You will see many amazing things, learn a lot about the world, gain crucial health insights, and have a lot of fun! Your winter will shrink dramatically, and you will spend it getting in shape, with Dr. T's help! And all that at unbelievable price - even the flights have never been more affordable - so reserve your place immediately, because we have room for only 15 lucky participants!
1. SRI LANKA: We leave New York (JFK airport) March 15 at 7 PM, arriving in Colombo, Sri Lanka March 17 (with a stop-over in Madras, India). We are transported to our truly beautiful, privately-owned ocean-side resort in Southern Sri Lanka, where for 6 days we eat mostly tropical fruits, learn about health and nutrition, meditate, enjoy the beach, and engage in physical preparation for Nepal. All activities in this tropical beach retreat, kayaking in the ocean, and all foods (including fresh young coconuts daily), plus excursions into nearby island attractions and airport-related travel, are included. Yoga lessons are extra (there are yoga instructors at the resort). INCLUDED: Plenty of crucially-needed Vitamin D "foraging/healthy sun-worshiping" at that time of the winter when we're all extremely deficient!!!...
Total cost for the Sri Lanka Package: $775 per person (double occupancy in a resort room), add $90 for a private room, and additional $90 for a separate bungalow (subject to availability).
2. NEPAL: We leave Colombo March 23 at 3:20 AM, arriving in Kathmandu, Nepal at 1:55 PM (with stopovers in India). The Nepal package includes: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and its historical surrounding valley with several World Heritage Sights holy to Hinduism and Buddhism (2 days); rafting down the Trishuli River on the way to the famous Gorkha region (1 day); trekking Gorkha's sub-Himalaya mountains off the beaten path, next to the 8163 meter-high (26781 feet) Manaslu Range, interacting with villagers and experiencing authentic village life (3 days), at altitudes ranging between a 600m (2000 ft) River Valley and a 3400m (11,200 ft) mountain-top holy lake with breathtaking views towards three famous Himalayan ranges [parallel easier routes are available to those who wish for a less-strenuous 3-day hike]; sightseeing around the colorful tourist City of Pokhara - the gateway and view toward the famous Annapurna (8091 metres = 26545 ft) range (2 days); Jungle Activities in Royal Chitwan National Park (1-2 days); and the last 1-2 days we're free to roam in Kathmandu. 2 days are dedicated to riding our private bus to the different destination.
Total cost for the Nepali package: $1775 double occupancy (add $150 for single occupancy in hotel rooms in Kathmandu and Pokhara)- includes everything listed above, all the transportation, trekking agency, mobile kitchen, porters, accommodations, camping gear, sleeping bags, entrances to all attractions and sites, and delicious vegan meals everywhere, except 3-5 restaurant meals, around $5 each, when we're on our own walking in the cities of Kathmandu and Pokhara. This money will partially support social development in rural Nepal, about which you will learn during the trip.
Additional minimal costs: Airport fees, immigrations taxes and fees, visa fees, and other costs incidental to international flights are your responsibility. Generally these costs are minor to non-existent (in Kathmandu airport, for example, the cost of an immediately-issued tourist visa is $30).
Dr. T (www.ecopolitan.com/doctor-t) has trekked Nepal as a group leader and tour guide (and trip doctor) numerous times since 1998, and he has never experienced such an amazing variety of activities all put together in just one reasonably priced trip! Also, it's much more efficient to see TWO countries instead of one, once you complete such a long flight all the way to the opposite side of the Globe.
1. A video of Dr. T speaking about flight preparation and protection - how to maintain maximal health despite the many challenges of air travel.
2. An article on how to prepare your body during the next 4 months for this trip.
Moreover, the flight cost has never been cheaper! Surprisingly, we can get all combined flights from JFK to Colombo, Colombo to Kathmandu, and Kathmandu back to JFK for ONLY $1380 (!!!)-including all fuel charges and taxes (but fuel and taxes are subject to change until ticketed).
These prices are based on MINIMUM 10 passengers on the same itinerary/flights, requiring immediate action to secure this amazing rate:
- To secure your participation, please pay immediately the non-refundable deposit of $300, no later than November 30th. Remember - first come, first served - maximum 15 participants! To get to our target as quickly as possible, please act fast, and refer friends who may be interested.
This deposit Payment can be made by credit card (call 612-870-2974 with your visa/MC or discover info) or by bank check/draft to FDH Foundation, 2409 Lyndale Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55405, no later than November 30th.
- By December 10, flight tickets must be purchased- call Joycee from Melrose Travel & Tours 866-722-6440 (or 215-728-7870) to arrange ticketing.
- By January 15, $1000 of the package payment is due (refundable if you cancel).
- By February 15, the final payment is due (varies based on your single/double occupancy and bungalow preferences in Sri Lanka).
See you in the airplane, for an UNFORGETTABLE adventure!!!