Loss of control of the bladder by day, by night, or both. Not limited to young children. Many adolescents and adults are afflicted in this way, either constantly or in times of stress or anxiety.
Dr. John W. Gerard, Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Saskatchewan, presents evidence that bedwetting
is sometimes the result of an allergy. "The prime problem is that the bedwetting youngster has a small bladder capacity and the bladder capacity has shrunk because the detrusor muscle is in spasm which is often a manifestation
of an allergy." Certain foods such as milk, chocolate, and eggs can cause bladder hypersensitivity which, in turn, causes bedwetting. Removal of offender foods results in cessation of wetting.
Nutrition and support of the nervous system have been a most effective approach for bedwetting.
Suggested Nutritional Supplementation
- D-74 Uresinoct - 10 drops 3 times daily under tongue. Hold 20-30 seconds, swallow.
- Although homeopathy is one of the oldest art forms of healing, it is being rediscovered today by many modern day practitioners as one of the most reliable, dynamic, and yet safe ways to assist the body in increasing its cellular energies to enable the body to repair itself.
- Hemagenics - 1-3 tablets daily with food. (If indicated by lab values)
- Most effective and complete blood builder with iron. Iron deficiency has long been associated in cognitive inabilities, behavioral problems, and weak bladder function. Hemagenics is the most absorbable form of
iron and will not cause any irritation to the digestive system.
- Ginkgo Biloba-60 - 1-3 capsules daily.
- Ginkgo Biloba can have a distinct antidiuretic effect in certain dosages. The presumed method of action is ginkgo's normalizing effect on circulation, including the volume of blood flow through the kidneys.
Ultracare for Kids® Medical Food - one level scoop (35 g) to eight to ten ounces of pure, distilled, or filtered water daily.
Nutritional Support for Children with Food Sensitivities
-OR-Ultra Care First Start - For children ages 13-18, blend, shake, or briskly stir 2 level scoops of Ultracare First Start into 8-10 ounces of chilled water. For children ages 6-12, blend, shake, or briskly stir 1 level scoop into 4-6 ounces of chilled water.
Ultracare First Start is a specialty medical food drink mix designed to meet the nutritional needs of children and teenagers.
- FirstLine Therapy® Diet