2. The scar tissue is less flexible and therefore diminishes joint motion.
3. The scar tissue is more brittle than healthy tissue and susceptible to re-injury.
This condition occurs after trauma or in long-standing overloading of muscles. This can occur in a postural strain situation, for example, when a person works over a desk day after day causing constant relentless contraction of the neck and upper back muscles. These muscles and the adjacent articular ligaments (rib joints and vertebral joints) may become infiltrated with scar tissue adhesions.
Prognosis is good with appropriate treatment and ergonomic changes designed to prevent chronicity.
Diminished joint play; pain with deep palpation of the tissue; a gritty feel, esp. in ligaments and muscles; local areas of muscle spasm (trigger points).
Bromelain, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin B6, selenium, glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM
Suggested Nutritional Supplementation
- MyoCalm P.M. - 3-6 tablets 1/2 hour before bed.
MyoCalm P.M. provides the same specialized formula as MyoCalm® with the addition of lemon balm and hops-herbs traditionally used to promote relaxation and restful sleep.
- Bromelain 1400 - 3 tablets 3 times daily with meals. High potency bromelain.
- Chondro Relief Intensive Care - 3-6 capsules daily with meals.
Comprehensive joint & soft tissue support, with MSM, Green Lipped Mussel, Hyaluronic Acid, and ASU.
- E-Complex 1:1 - 1 softgel 2 times daily with food.
E Complex-1:1 is a unique, natural vitamin E supplement that features a 1:1 ratio of alpha- to gamma- tocopherol; this ratio more closely resembles the tocopherol profile found naturally in vitamin E-rich plants.
- HP 17 Muscle Spasm Remedy - 4 tablets 3 times daily on an empty stomach.
A high quality, hand-made homeopathic remedy designed to relieve muscle aches, spasms, or pain.
Avoid caffeine, menthols.
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet