Dr. T’s approach to patient care relies on science-based education and advanced functional laboratory tests (assessing the potential causes and process of disease) needed to reverse or prevent disease progression; to predict individual susceptibility to various disorders; and to enhance productive longevity. This leads to individualized nutritional and functional therapy. The patient must take responsibility for her own health, and therefore becomes less dependent on doctors (holistic or allopathic) except for occasional lab or clinical monitoring. This type of care is more effective and less costly or risky. Dr. T works with fatigue, fibromyalgia, cancer, viral-bacterial-yeast-parasitic infections (herpes, Lyme, Candida), cardiovascular illnesses, diabetes, weight gain, OBGYN issues, Detoxification, chronic inflammatory conditions, depression, anxiety, cognitive dysfunction (loss of memory, focus, etc.), genetic – genomic susceptibilities to toxins, developmental spectrum (ADD/ADHD/PDD/Autism) & auto-immune disorders (lupus, arthritis scleroderma, etc.), chemical sensitivities, food and environmental allergies, gastrointestinal-digestive problems, osteoporosis, ear & throat infections, sinusitis, childhood disease, neurodegenerative diseases (MS, dementia, Parkinson, Alzheimer, ALS), dermatitis, eczema, acne, moles (natural, pain-free, non-surgical, non-scarring removal of most skin growths), and other internal and external health challenges. Those interested in his approach may call Dr. T’s assistant, at 612-326-6839
Among the many laboratory tests Doctor. T offers, here are some of the most popular functional tests:
- Comprehensive Digestive, Metabolic, and Microbiological Stool Analysis – important for anyone with chronic symptoms. Degenerative, digestive, & nutritional conditions are frequently associated with gastro-intestinal tract dysfunction, which affects every system in the body. This tests analyzes 30+ parameters, including fungal/yeast/bacterial overgrowth with culture for effective natural or allopathic therapy; multiple bacterial/ecological imbalances & parasites; pH & pancreatic enzymes function; fat, protein, & carb digestion; dyspepsia, putrefaction, and mal-absorption; bile & immune antibody production; and inflammation markers. Add-on: h. pylori; anti-gliadin Ab (gluten sensitivity); Salmonella & 3 other toxic organisms; C. Difficile; hemo E.coli & its toxin.
- Functional Genomic Tests - a variety of genetic panels designed to reveal frequently-occurring genetic tendencies towards common illnesses, which can be prevented with individually tailored nutritional and environmental intervention based on the test findings. This can potentially enhance health and extend life significantly, since genetic factors are crucial to longevity yet they are often ignored. Currently, four such panels are available: Detoxigenomics, which reveals weaknesses in metabolism of various environmental, nutritional, and artificial (drugs) toxins as well as internally produced toxins such as hormones and neurotransmitters; Cardiogenomics, which exposes genetic tendencies towards lipid abnormalities, hypertension, atherosclerosis, homocysteine elevation (a major factor in the development of heart disease, related to genetic inability to convert folic acid into its active form), and others; Immuneogenomics, which shows tendencies towards inflammation, auto-immune disease, infections, and immune system imbalance; and Osteogenomics, which displays genetic factors increasing osteoporosis risk.
- Organic Acid Testing (OAT) - this comprehensive urine test is very useful with children (and adults) who suffer from learning and developmental disorders (e.g. ADD, ADHD, Autism) and metabolic disorders (e.g. chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia). It reveals genetic and metabolic tendencies, gut imbalance and infection, toxicity, nutritional deficiencies, and much more.
- AMAS (Anti-Malignin Antibody in Serum) - a blood test for early detection of cancer. Extremely accurate, it is ideal for anyone with family or personal cancer history, carcinogenic exposure, high cancer risk, inconclusive cancer diagnosis, undiagnosed tumors/growths, or for screening, early detection, and prevention. Read Dr. T’s related article here.
- M2PK - a simple, highly accurate, inexpensive stool test for early detection of specifically colon cancer and rectal cancer, which renders the uncomfortable, potentially risky, and toxic (sedatives) colonoscopy screenings almost completely obsolete!
- Heavy Metal Tests in Urine (with or without provocation), stool (especially in babies and small children), Red Blood Cells (when the patient’s mineral status is desired), and/or Hair specimens - identifying exposure (usually from dental amalgam, contaminated seafood, or occupational activity) and tissue storage of mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, and other toxic metals that are associated with chronic or acute disease (especially neurological, immunological, and metabolic syndromes, such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, chemical sensitivities, allergies, and various auto-immune disease).
- Dental Materials Reactivity – this blood test evaluates immune compatibility with over 4000 oral restoration materials prior to dental treatment. Some dental materials, even if not known as strong toxins, may cause significant damage to sensitive individuals.
- Salivary and serum Hormone tests – analyzing adrenal stress and sex hormones in the saliva offers many advantages over conventional tests. DHEA and cortisol hormone levels are important immune markers, and indicate the capacity of the body to handle various stress factors. Estrogen and progesterone level reveal sex organ function and shed light on menstrual cycle disorders.
- Various tests for nutritional deficiencies, which help in identifying hidden or underlying causes of chronic disorders and preventing disease formation, as well as increasing productivity and longevity.
- Pathology-Oriented, discounted Specialty Tests , such as Osteoporosis Risk assessment (presence of bone metabolites in urine); Ferritin Test for accurate iron storage status (crucial for those at risk of iron overload, a common dangerous condition); accurate vitamin D status test (over 90% of Americans may be functionally deficient in this critical hormone-vitamin); Complete Thyroid Panel (often missing in “routine physicals”), with optional Free T-3 (the active thyroid hormone) and Reverse T3; B-12 test, CRP (C-Reactive Protein),homocysteine, and fibrinogen (crucial cardiovascular markers usually ignored in “check-ups”); various cancer tumor markers (CEA, HCG, AFP, CA-125, CA-27/29, PSA); glucose & Insulin; complete blood chemistry (includes electrolytes, important enzymes, liver, kidney, and complete thyroid function tests, blood proteins and lipid spectrum plus ratios, urinalysis, and complete blood count with differential and platelets); Viral tests (EBV, CMV, Hepatitis, herpes); Lyme disease; and many others.